The first steps towards recovery can take a while for some. There are some reasons that somebody may not want to seek treatment or feel that they can’t do so. One of the more unfortunate and more common reasons that somebody does not seek substance use treatment is because they are afraid they can’t afford it. At Sophros Recovery, we have a long list of insurances we accept to make our program accessible to anybody who may need them. Among the insurances we accept is Florida Blue (Blue Cross Blue Shield), which we are completely in network with. If you have questions about Florida Blue rehab coverage in Jacksonville, Florida, reach out to us today at 904.760.4295 to have them answered.
Understanding Florida Blue Rehab Admissions Coverage
Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) is a nationwide insurance provider with access to coverage for drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs. BCBS is known by the name Florida Blue in the state of Florida. BCBS rehab coverage will depend on the plan you choose and your individual needs. Generally, Florida Blue should be able to cover medical detox and outpatient treatment programs.
Before attending a rehab program, it is important to verify your Florida Blue rehab insurance coverage plan and your level of coverage. Understanding your options will help you determine what is covered in your treatment program.
Health Insurance Terms to Know Before Using Florida Blue
Before choosing a health insurance plan, there are a number of terms that you should be able to understand, such as:
- Premium – A premium is the amount of money that you must pay each month for health insurance.
- Deductible – This is the amount of money that an individual must pay out-of-pocket before health insurance kicks in.
- Copay – This is the money paid immediately upfront to receive any sort of medical service or prescription medications.
- Coinsurance – This is the percentage of money that you may have left to pay after the deductible is met.
Addiction Treatment Programs Covered
There are several reasons that clients require insurance coverage. Florida Blue may be able to partially or fully cover substance abuse treatment programs. This will depend on your specific plan and your level of coverage. However, regardless of your plan or level of coverage, your insurance should cover at least part of the cost of:
- Detox – This treatment will help you go safely through the withdrawal process when initially coming off of substances. Medical detox is often used to implement medications and therapies to help you manage the withdrawal symptoms.
- Inpatient treatment – In a residential setting, clients will receive 24-hour care and be surrounded by addiction specialists. Inpatient programs aim to help clients become capable of staying sober once they leave the residential setting.
- Outpatient rehab – This option is a more flexible approach to treatment that allows a client to get the necessary treatment while also being able to return home each night. The program’s intensity often depends on the individual’s needs and the severity of their condition. This can be a great way to learn coping skills and immediately use them in your life.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) – While a patient receives substance use treatment, they may require certain medications such as methadone to help manage withdrawal symptoms and reduce the probability of relapse.
If you are wondering if Florida Blue covers the treatment you require, contact one of our professionals today.
Learn More at Sophros Recovery
Paying for addiction treatment can be a stressful and scary process for many. At Sophros Recovery, we try and make the process as quick and easy as possible. Reach out to one of our members today at 904.760.4295 to discuss the insurances we accept and how to begin your treatment.