Addiction recovery is a unique journey for each person, regardless of what type of substance they are abusing. At Sophros Recovery, we strive to treat the whole person during their time at our addiction treatment center. Therefore, we provide a range of safe and effective treatment options to help them begin the process on a high note. For instance, one of our treatment methods is medication-assisted treatment, which we combine with traditional and holistic therapeutic methods. Our Jacksonville medication-assisted treatment program can help our clients through the initial stages of recovery. This treatment can help clients focus on their overall health and well-being before going back to their everyday lives. Please get in touch with Sophros Recovery today at 904.760.4295 to learn more about this treatment option.
What Is MAT?
MAT, which is also known as medication-assisted treatment, is a treatment option that combines counseling and case management with medications to make the recovery process easier. Medication-assisted treatment can effectively support those who are recovering from alcohol addiction and opioid addiction. In addition, our Jacksonville medication-assisted treatment program allows clients to go through outpatient treatment and complete responsibilities at home and school. We also provide evening sessions for those that have to attend school throughout the day.
We provide a range of medications to assist in the recovery process. For instance, the medications we offer include:
- Buprenorphine-This medicine is a partial opioid agonist, which blocks the receptors that provide euphoria when someone uses opioids.
- Naltrexone-Naltrexone is a medication that we use to help clients overcome alcohol and opioid addiction. Our team will provide the injection once a month to help clients manage their cravings and withdrawal symptoms. This medication is also known as Vivitrol.
- Acamprosate-This medication can reduce abstinence symptoms, which can lead to a lack of energy, concentration issues, and insomnia. Each of these can adversely affect sobriety.
- Suboxone-This medication combines buprenorphine and naloxone, which decrease the severity of withdrawal symptoms.
By combining these medications, it is possible for clients to begin their journey towards long-term recovery.
Benefits of Medication-Assisted Treatment
Medication-assisted treatment offers a range of benefits to those who choose to participate in it. For instance, these benefits include:
- Promoting safer withdrawal as the medications relieve symptoms and control cravings
- Increasing the likelihood of remaining in treatment using safely controlled medications
- Reducing the risk of death because of an overdose
- Decreasing the use of drugs and alcohol, as well as the potential legal consequences and risks
In addition, one of the most prominent benefits of our Jacksonville MAT program is that we can use it to prevent relapse. When clients use these medications in combination with traditional and holistic therapeutic options, they’re less likely to return to drug use.
However, it is vital to use medication-assisted treatment under the supervision of medical professionals. Without care guidance, it is possible to become addicted to some of the medications we offer. Our team will monitor our clients carefully to ensure that they remain safe as they use the medicine we provide.
Get Help at Sophros Recovery
At Sophros Recovery, we are committed to providing expert treatment for our clients. To that end, we combine our MAT program with therapeutic options such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Music therapy
- Yoga therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
Let us help you begin the journey to recovery. If you are suffering from an addiction to opioids or alcohol, our Jacksonville medication-assisted treatment program can help you through withdrawal and the first steps of your journey. For more information about the treatment options available, please contact Sophros Recovery today by calling 904.760.4295 or using our convenient online form.